Generic TV Show Episode Ideas
As a writer, I like to consider myself... on the better side of "terrible" (except - of course - for my overuse of em-dashes). But writing as in "putting words together so they sound pretty" and writing as in "actually coming up with a story" are two different things. I have an easier time riffing on other people's ideas than making my own.
In light of this, I've been trying out various methods to find the secret formula of plot writing, and one of them has been to write down a list of storylines you tend to find in every TV show ever. You know, things like "they swap bodies" or "they run a restaurant" or "one of them overhears the other complaining about someone, thinks they're talking about them, and goes on a bender". It's pretty biased towards cartoons and comedy shows, because that's what I mainly know.
If there are any plots I've missed, you can use the comment feature in the Google Doc to suggest a few of your own. I've already got two ideas added to it from the public already, so feel free to tell your friends if they need some help coming up with storylines for the imaginary TV show playing in their head.
Link to Google Doc here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sHYafiyC7i5-Chni-6680BjvgBwNW8qCSJW5-vY6zl4/edit?usp=sharing
Comments
Post a Comment